Scholarships for College Students
- Aid for Military Families | Federal Student Aid
- Apply for a Grant | U.S. Department of Education
- Blue and Gold Opportunity Grant | University of California
- California Dream Act Application for Undocumented Students | California Student Aid Commission
- California Dream Act Service Incentive Grant Program | California Student Aid Commission
- California DREAM Loan Program | University of California
- California Chafee Education and Training Voucher Program
- Cash for College Workshops | California Student Aid Commission
- Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) | USCIS
- Finding and Applying for Scholarships | Federal Student Aid
- Golden State Education and Training Grant | California Student Aid Commission
- Middle Class Scholarship - California Student Aid Commission
- Scholarships and Fellowships | California State University
- Scholarships (ca.gov)
- Work-Study Jobs | Federal Student Aid
It is important to keep deadlines in mind when applying to college and applying for financial aid. Be sure to meet the deadlines to maximize your aid amount!
Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form deadlines:
- To be considered for federal student aid for the 2023-2024 award year, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form between October 1, 2022 and June 30, 2024.
- FAFSA form corrections or updates must be submitted by 9:59 p.m. PST on September 14, 2024.
- The Cal Grant and CA Dream Act application is due March 2. Be sure to submit your FAFSA and your verified Cal Grant GPA by the March 2 priority deadline.
- Students attending a California Community College in the Fall and missed the March 2 deadline have a second deadline of September 2.
- Each college may have its own deadline. Be sure to confirm with the college(s) you are interested in attending.
- Each state has its own deadline. For a full list of state deadlines, please visit the FAFSA website.
Avoid Financial Aid Scams
Financial aid scams often start as a social media post, e-mail or a letter in the mail that appear to be a personalized invitation, when in reality they are preying on students. Use the following tips to avoid scams:
- Never pay anyone to fill out or process your FAFSA.
- Do not pay money to attend a financial aid seminar.
- Do not open or click suspicious emails or links with scholarship offers.
- Be mindful of grammatical errors on financial aid offers that are in writing.
For more information on how to avoid financial aid scams, visit the FAFSA website.
California Climate Action Corps
The California Climate Action Corps is now accepting applications for its 11-month fellowship starting in September 2023. Fellows work with public agencies, tribes, nonprofits and schools to engage communities in climate action and education.
As AmeriCorps members, selected fellows serve 1,700+ hours and learn real-world climate action skills through community projects, while being part of this unique program and statewide force of emerging leaders.
- Urban greening
- Organic waste
- Edible food recovery
- Wildfire resiliency and more!
Fellows earn up to $43,000 in living stipends and money for school to pay educational expenses at eligible schools and training programs or repay qualified student loans.
For more information or to apply, visit the California Volunteers website.